BC General Aviation Association
Canadian Owners & Pilots Association
BC Aviation Council
BC Floatplane Association
BC General Aviation Facebook
Frequently Asked Questions
Awards & Scholarships
Flight Chops BC Episodes
Pass It Forward Classifieds
Fuel Prices 100ll.ca
Sandpiper / Rowena's Airstrip Info
YYJ VFR Cheat Sheet
Education & Other Links
Fly In Resorts
News & Events
BC + YUKON COPA News
Vargas Island Fly-Out 2017
COPA CONVENTION YLW JUN 23-24
BCGA To Oshkosh
Member Message Board
B.C. Airstrip Map Intro
Ask ATC Q&A
COPA Member Discounts
BCGA Dollars & Cents
Members Helping Members
BCGA Flying Confessional
ATC Trivia Day 3
(Answer the following real world questions.
It is the Saturday of May long weekend and you have invited some friends to go for a quick sightseeing flight. Your route of flight is:
CYPK - KINGGEORGE
KING GEORGE - CZBB (Touch & Go)
CZBB - PORTMOODY
PORTMOODY - CYPK (Full Stop)
Answer the following questions:
1. You clear the CYPK control zone and level off at 1500ft for the flight to CZBB via overhead the KING GEORGE VFR Checkpoint. Select the most correct answer:
I should be talking to Boundary Bay Tower 127.6
I should be talking to Vancouver Tower on 124.0
I should make a position report on 123.5 at some point on this leg.
I should make a position report on 126.7 at some point on this leg.
I should be talking to Langley Tower on 119.0
2. You complete your touch and go in CZBB and depart to the northeast toward PORTMOODY. CZBB tower terminates radar service and clears you enroute. You decide once again to cruise at 1500ft. Select the correct answer.
I am in uncontrolled airspace and do not need to talk to anyone
Vancouver Terminal 125.2
Harbour Tower 118.4
Vancouver Tower 124.0
I should make a position report on 126.7
3. You are over PORTMOODY. How what is the highest altitude that you can climb to without an ATC clearance directly over PORTMOODY?
4. You notice an uncontrolled aerodrome on your map that has a published frequency either on the map or in the CFS. What is the minimum altitude that you may fly over the uncontrolled aerodrome without making position calls on the published frequency?
500ft above Circuit Height
1000ft above Circuit Height
5. You are 6nm west of Pitt Meadows. You contact the tower and advise them that you have the ATIS and are inbound for a full stop landing. They reply "C-GABC, roger altimeter 30.11, Standby". Select the correct action.
You may enter the control zone and join base for the active because you have established two way radio contact and received a response.
You may enter the control zone and join downwind for the active because you have established two way radio contact and received a response.
You should continue inbound to the airport and wait for further circuit entry instructions.
You should remain clear of the control zone until the controller clears you to a position in the circuit or give you another instruction.
You should ask the controller how long you will be standing by for.
BONUS QUESTION: You are flying in uncontrolled airspace VFR at 13,500ft and have not been assigned a transponder code. What should you be Sqwaking?
Copyright © 2016