COPA is proud to welcome Carter Mann, as the new Manager of Government Affairs starting on January 16, 2017. Carter will be reporting directly to Bernard Gervais, President and CEO, and working out of the Ottawa office.
Carter has extensive knowledge and experience with general aviation in Canada, and deep understanding of past, current, and ongoing issues facing the industry
He also has extensive knowledge of machinery of government and government/legislative process at all levels of government and developing Ministerial level briefing materials on emerging policy developments
Carter is a certainly well-organized, committed and dedicated, able to respond to rapidly changing schedules and situations.
He will help COPA in developing proactive and reactive communications plans, earned media and social media, to our members and the various stakeholders of general aviation, the regulator and air navigation service providers that interact with COPA.
As quick background notes, Carter can claim the following:
• Press secretary to various Ministers
• Parliamentary, Executive or Constituency Assistant to various elected officials
• Bachelor of Arts (International Relations) University of British Columbia, Kelowna, B.C.
• International Studies (Political Science) Lund University, Lund, Sweden
• Licensed Private Pilot with additional endorsements for multi-engine, seaplanes, gliders, night flying
• TT375.9 including PIC time on following types: Nanchang CJ-6, Beech 18, DeHavilland Beaver, Cessna 182, Cessna 172, Bellanca Citabria, Puchacz SZD- 50-3
• Delta Heritage Airpark Management Committee member
• Boundary Bay Flying Club (COPA Flight #5) Vice-President