British Columbia Aviation CouncilThe British Columbia Aviation Council is a member-driven organization representing and promoting the shared interests of the aviation community.
The Executive Administrative Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of BCAC according to the strategic direction set by its Board of Directors.
This position is a full-time one-year contract (with possible extensions).
The successful candidate must work independently from their own home/ office, be flexible on hours of work and report to the Executive Committee of the Board.
CORE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong self-starter, able to work independently and with vision
- Participate with the Board of Directors to develop and implement a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Represent the organization at industry activities to enhance the organization’s profile
- Act as spokesperson for the organization as necessary
- Establish and/or maintain strong relationships with other industry organizations and government
- Work with BCAC committees to develop and coordinate effective events which promote the development of all aviation sectors in BC
- Develop and implement a business plan that incorporates the goals and objectives of the organization’s strategic plan including:
- strategies to double individual membership and increase corporate membership by 50% in five years
- strategies to increase other revenue streams
- volunteer strategy and coordination.
- analyze and identify industry growth issues for consideration by the Board of Directors
- strategies to increase visibility of organization and communication with members
- Maintain regular contact with members through a variety of means, engaging them on issues relevant to the industry
- Arrange meetings with business and government leaders to present aviation opportunities. Established Industry and Government contacts will be considered an asset
- Organize events to increase membership value and develop metrics to evaluate the success of these events and report same to the Board
- Responsible for financial management including monitoring expenditures to ensure compliance with budgets as approved by the board
- Prepare and present financial statements, annual budget and annual report
- Develop and present a monthly work plan and report to the Executive Committee
- Fulfill all Administrative duties for the organization
- Act as the point of contact
- Plan, organize and schedule meetings and take detailed minutes
- Handle all organization correspondence and filing
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge on leadership and management principles as they relate to non-profits, including familiarity with the Society Act
- Knowledge of financial management and budget development
- Knowledge of project management
- Knowledge and proficiency with standard software programs and social media.
- MS office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Must be able to maintain a website; knowledge of WordPress/Woo Commerce
- Proficient with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite et al
- Familiarity with the aviation/ aerospace industry an asset
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong event planning and marketing skills
- Ability to increase and enhance membership engagement
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
EXPERIENCE5 or more years of management experience with preference given to an aviation and or/not for profit background or extensive experience in a similar Executive Director Role.
TERMSThe position is a full-time one-year contract (with possible extensions). Hours will be flexible and should average 40 hours per week. The contract will begin with a six-month probationary period. BCAC will provide a work mail/ email address. Contractor must have access to their own computer and phone for work purposes.
Salary is $50,000 per annum.
HOW TO APPLYPlease forward one document that includes a cover letter and resume to Heather Bell, Chair BCAC at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is November 3, 2017 at 4:00 PM.